OK, I know that statement is not exactly news worthy. But there is something to be said about treating others as you would like to be treated. I should have added that to my Top 11 in the prior Blog. There was a recent study done that reveled ONLY 30% of employees feel engaged in their job. WOW! 30%? That is a ridiculous percentage. I could only wonder WHY?
10 Tips that will help your Team feel connected to YOU personally, not only the company.
1. Be Respectful and Courteous ALWAYS. Treat your staff BETTER than you would like to be treated as an employee.
2. Design your company culture and let it be known to everyone. Do you come to work in shorts and then expect your staff to know the dress code is office formal?
3. Display work habits that you want out of your team. Are you playing solitaire at your desk while you expect your staff to stay on task at all times?
4. Pay your staff a living wage. Don’t expect them to work hard it you are paying them pennies. Think of creative ways to reward. Money isn’t everything.
5. Communicate your wishes – when you say it is “common sense” that only means it is how you would do it.
6. PRAISE for a job well done. Too many of us forget to show gratitude for what we have in our team.
7. Be approachable. How can a task be completed correctly if your staff is afraid to ask a question or you are not even available to ask for assistance?
8. Write down the rules and post for everyone to see. Employees can’t read your mind. Make a list of pet peeves you have and have a staff meeting.
9. Always check your facts before accusing a team member of doing something wrong. The first time you accuse someone of doing something they didn’t is the last time they will have respect for you. Think before you speak.
10. I will end where I started – ALWAYS BE RESPECTFUL and COURTEOUS. Even when a staff member does something really stupid. Don’t lose your cool – turn it into a teachable moment. No one responds to rude or explosive behavior.
If you only remember #1 and #10 of my tips you will be ahead of the game.
Manners and respect count – even if you are the boss.
We’re an agency known for our no-nonsense approach.
Just straight talking and smart thinking, delivered by a person who cares about the success of your business. We are proud to be an affordable internet marketing agency. Please give us a call for more information. 303-448-8841
WE HELP OUR CLIENTS GET MORE CUSTOMERS
We’re an agency known for our no-nonsense approach. Just straight talking and smart thinking, delivered by a person who cares about the success of your business.
We are proud to be an affordable internet marketing agency.
Please give us a call for more information. 303-448-8841